Join us and become an Ambassador
‘It is in your hands to create a better world for all who live in it.” Nelson Mandela.
With the increase in awareness of our services in the community more clients are coming to us for help and we need to be able to continue to support these people and to do that we have to let more people know about the work we do and seek their support. This is where you can pay a valuable role and make a difference by becoming an Ambassador for us.
Our mission is ‘To deliver quality healthcare to people with HIV, TB. Cancer and other health related issues through community based holistic care models.’
Who is an Ambassador?
This is someone who knows KHC or has heard about us through family or friends and who aligns with our values. KHC believes that that free medical support and psychosocial care should be accessible to disadvantaged people who need our help. An Ambassador is someone that is willing to promote and contribute to the work we do.
What sort of things can I do?
It is up to you to determine where you think you can provide the best value.
- If you are good at organising, you may think of creating a fundraising event to raise money for one of our programs. One of our Ambassador’s is having a significant birthday and plans to ask friends to donate to the children’s hostel in lieu of gifts.
- Or, if you are an active participant on social media you may like to be an advocate and promote what we do to a broader community.
- You may have a network of people or organisation that is looking to align with social responsibility programs and you think KHC is a good fit.
- Engage your family and friends to sponsor a child’s education. Education is very important to the parents /guardians as they see it as an opportunity for their children to get out of the poverty, he or she grew up in. One of our Ambassadors from Australia started sponsoring 5 children and through family and friends the number of children now supported is 40 children. The success is that the ambassador is a credible and visible endorsement for this project.
- Advocate and support GlobalGiving Fundraising campaigns which help to raise money for children with cancer so that they can access treatment.
- Distribute and sell KHC merchandise.
- Mobilise in-kind donations like food, clothes, cleaning materials.
- If you have a specific skill set, you may wish to volunteer and share your expertise.
Word of Mouth is the strongest endorsement. You are only limited by your imagination on how you can spread and support the good work that KHC does in the community.
If you wish to become an Ambassador, please complete the form below. The support you provide will be extremely important as you are helping us to achieve our mission and make a difference.